Thursday, September 20, 2007

Why I believe in Angels

Today, my sister watched my youngest son while I had a teacher conference(see previous post). I get a phone call while I am on my corner crossing kids and my sister says "We have a situation" Not a good thing to hear!

For those who do not know little A ("a"), he broke two bones before he was four. The first one, he fell off a bed and had a buckle fracture in his wrist. My three were playing on the bed ( no more monkeys on the bed!) He went through the whole process and got his cast off within four weeks. On the day we were due to go back to the doctor, he fell of the bed and broke his collarbone!! THE SAME BED! His mattress is now on the floor.

He likes to start at the top of my driveway and ride down on his scooter as fast as he can and see how far he can go. Yes, he is only four and not very balanced. It just does not matter to him.

On Labor Day, my four year old nephew had to stop "a" from riding a skateboard down the stairs in my brother's house!! It seemed like a good idea at the time. The wall would stop him!

So when I got the phone call today, all sorts of things go through my head. It seems that my sister had a candle in her bathroom and while doing his duty, "a" decides to see how well toilet paper burns. Oh yes, you understood me correctly. His cousin watched from the hallway as "a" twisted up some paper and put it into the flame. Nothing was said until much later when my sister saw the blackened paper and asked the boys about it. "C" said "a" did it and "a" said " It was only a little fire. It's o.k the clothes got only a little burned" AAAARGH!

When my husband and I discussed it with "a" this evening, he said that it was a medium fire. There was only a little smoke.

O.K. Any fire is scary. Through all this-no one got hurt, not even singed! Nothing was burned at all. Not even clothes. We didn't even smell smoke and the smoke detectors did not even go off. I know my sister keeps up with those.

My youngest once told me he wanted to go into space like the astonauts. We are off to a good start. stuntman, test pilot, spaceman.

There must be a whole fleet of angels looking out for him. Whoever you are, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!

2 comments:

MOM said...

I MUST SAY THAT I AM VERY SURPRISED THAT YOU HAVE THE TIME TO "BLOG". JUST READING THIS TIRES ME OUT!!
I KNOW LITTLE "a", AND THERE IS A LOT YOU ARE NOT TELLING US!! LIKE HE DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO WALK--HE ONLY RUNS-RUNS-RUNS :-)
I CAN REMEMBER "DD" SAYING THAT "GREEN" WAS NOT HER COLOR ON ST. PATRICK'S DAY, SO I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT SHE HAS AN ALLERGY TO "SPOTS" ON HER CLOTHES:-)
BOY DID GOD FOOL YOU WHEN HE GAVE YOU BIG "A" FIRST, EH? YOU THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A PIECE OF CAKE. SILLY GIRL!
YOU KEEP UP THE BLOG BECAUSE I LOVE READING IT.
YOU GO GIRL!!
LOVE, MOM

Hellen said...

I'm glad he didn't burn the house down or hurt himself. Mental note to self, keep a out of my house!!! :)