Thursday, September 27, 2007

Calgon, Take me away!

For those of you who don't know about this commercial, it was on several years ago. It had a mom that had kids fighting, the baby crying, the doorbell ringing and the dog barking. Calgon was a bath soap and with all of this going on the mom said, "Calgon, take me away" and she was magically in a bubblebath. Yeah right! If I did that in my house I am not sure if my house would still be standing when I got out of the bathtub. Either that or someone would be knocking on the bathroom door incessantly. Clagon would have to take me to a different house altogether!

Having said all that, I sure wish that I could have done that today. L is home from school for the rest of the week with impetaigo(?). And the doctor said her allergies were out of control. When L heard that she told the Dr. that they were having a party(the allergies) The doctor laughed and told L that her allergies forgot to invite her. L pops off with " My white blood cells are there." She got a shocked look from the Dr. This child really needs the gifted program.

On to the day...
After taking the other two to school, L and I had to run some errands. We only did those that we did not have to get out of the car for. We then hurried back to get "a" and headed to yet another errand. We then went to Grandma's house and had fun. Then it was hurry back home for "A". We then had a really good time. (NOT) I sent the kids on a laundry hunt while I did the dishes and made dinner. It didn't quite work out. After dinner, I sent them on a laundry hunt, again. That was a mistake. With all the laundry piled up and sorted, it really showed me how much laundry I actually had. Let's just say that each type of laundry (whites, dark, etc.) did not fit into a basket. I think that the kids had a good time sorting, though. They had quite a production line going. "A" would toss in item to "a" and tell him the type, "a" would toss it to L and into the pile it would go. Whatever works, right?

Then, it was book and bed.

A quiet few minutes and the Daddy came home ( 8pm) from work and I get to spend time with him. Doesn't it sound great? I can't wait until I don't have to do anything at all with crosswalk.

3 comments:

Hellen said...

How about tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll take you away!

burrsmom said...

Hooray!! How fast did you read that?

Neebie said...

I have had Calgon take me away lots of times, although I find that it can only do so at around 10:30pm, because that is when the kids are definately in bed asleep!