Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Snuggle Bunnies

I wish I could take a picture and show you what I see. Picture this: a small boy in the middle of a big bed with two cats around him. "a" and I took a nap together this afternoon in my bed. It was very sweet. I did not mean to fall asleep, but he puts off these "sleep vibes" as my husband calls them and sucked me into nap time. I know he is growing up and I should not treat him like a baby. "I'm a bigger boy" There is nothing like a small arm around your neck and sweet breath in your face. I do not understand these celebrity mothers who put the raising of their children into the hands of others. I could not imagine not being there to hear a sleepy little voice call out for me.

Those little "up up"s too quickly change into "watch me, momma!" and then into "Can I go over to my friends?" Every now and then I still get the extra trip back to the car from "A" to quietly say "I love you, Mom" that keeps me going. I cannot imagine being without that. I know that I am blessed for all that I have.

My children are an adventure every day and to have that taken away must be horrible. I hope that this is a wake-up call for a certain nameless young lady that there is more to life than parties. Maybe, someday, she can get her kids back, but she would have to straighten up a whole heck of a lot.

Now I am off to get my little princess who was up at 4am doing homework. She did go to bed at 4:30 the previous afternoon. She was one tired little princess.
I know they make me angry sometimes, but the good so outweighs the bad that I would not give any of it up.

1 comment:

Hellen said...

Even now with children age 12 and 10 I don't ever get bored of watching them sleep. Tom looks 3 years old when he sleeps and it takes me back to when I used to have to remove his matchbox cars from each hand when he took his afternoon nap. Time flies by so fast. Emily had the cutest button nose when she was born LOL and when we napped together she would always open her eyes and smile. To this day when I wake her and she sees me she smiles, Tom does too.

Somebody who will remain nameless doesn't realize what she missing out on and clearly lacks a bond with her babies. I think honestly that she's not ready to take on the responsibilty, these kids were like another accessory that she re-homed kinda like bitbit the puppy. I'm horrified by her but also feel sad because one day she'll wake up and OMG what a horrible day that'll be.

:)