Monday, October 15, 2007

Mayhem Monday

My sister has started this. It seems like it might be cool to do. I hearby promise to try my best to keep up with it!!

Up before 7, that's right I said 7. No more crosswalk!!!!! Started to get everyone ready for school.

L: still running a fever,no school for her. Medicine, a drink and back to bed.

A: stomach problems that kept him in the bathroom. No school for him.

a: up and running as soon as his eyes were open!! Had breakfast and got dressed and headed in to school, no problem.

Me: Out into the rain to do the trash. Barefoot, of course. I almost got to play Mary Poppins with the umbrella. Dropped off little guy and then picked up carpool. Off to school we went. I was going to go work out, but with two at home sick, I thought that perhaps I should stay.

10am: I met with the wonderful lady who is doing the basket for "a" class for the Carnival this weekend. It is fantastic!! My friend who happens to work at Starbucks is donating several different coffees as well. Thanks, Jody Lynn!!!

11am : picked up "a" and he had a good day!! Whoo Hoo!! We went to the bookstore and bought some fun stuff. Off to Tuesday Morning to see about stuff for "L" class basket for the above mentioned Carnival.

To McDonald's for lunch and Braum's for dessert for everyone.

1pm Nap time for all sick people.

2:45- started afternoon carpool run, home by 3:15. That's right! No crosswalk!!!

The rest of the night consisted of: laundry, dishes, dinner, laundry, showers, books,laundry, teacher notes, laundry, and then some Mommy time.

I am part a political forum that meets each Monday night in October online. It is really interesting. This evening, we talked about whether or not public service (military as well as volunteering) should be mandatory. It was rather heated at times to say the least. I love being a part of this kind of thing. Not only do I feel that my voice is heard, but it does my children good to see that Mommy is active in more than just the house. It also, I hope, teaches them that they should be active in their world as well.

It is now 11:40 pm and I am waiting for a last load of laundry to finish and then I am off to bed to get ready for a day of school, doctors and Girl Scouts.

2 comments:

Humphrey Hot Spot said...

so glad you did this - welcome to mayhem monday
thanks for playing

Hellen said...

humphrey hot spot??? Hahahaha