Sunday, October 28, 2007

Calling in DEAD

As you can see, it has been a while since I have posted anything. I decided to call into the world as dead. Last from my world, Alex was going to the Dr and had strep. Saturday night, I went to a girl's night and m throat was hurting a little at the end of the evening. I thought nothing of it until I woke up Sunday morning. Aaron was also complaining that his throat was hurting, so we had a quiet morning. As the day went on, it became apparent that Aaron and I had been blessed with the same lovely sickness that Alex had. GREAT!!! Clark had our family doctor call in antibiotics for he and I, which we started to take right away.

Lauren and Alex stayed home and my fantastically wonderful mother took Aaron to the doctor and it was confirmed that he had Strep as well. He had a shot which he took like a trooper. Meanwhile, my mom dropped Aaron off and picked up Alex and Lauren to go back to her house. Meanwhile, I was still out. Clark picked them up from her later that night. Tuesday, Clark went into work late to take the littlest to school. My mom picked up Alex and then came back out to get Lauren when she was out. This went on until Wednesday, when I went to the doctor. I was not getting any better and was almost done with my antibiotic. Not a good sign.

Well, not only did I have strep from Alex, I also had Lauren's virus which combined to put me in bed or on the couch for one solid week. I am just now feeling like living again. I have managed two meals today and a load of dishes. I am ready for a nap. I had a nap attack yesterday that I was not aware of taking until I woke up with Alex actually laying on top of me. Kamikaze snuggling at its best.

My mom has been fantastic. I would not have been able to do this without her. I really think that I would be in the hospital trying to recover if she had not been here. My sister has also jumped in where ever needed. Friday, Lauren and Alex were off of school and my sister came out and took therm to her house. Well, actually my mom had to get my sister and then they came out to the house to get the little guys. My sister even brought them back to me that night since Clark had to work late.

My family rocks!!

My greatest friend whose daughter is ill and does not need any more unfriendlies in the house (germs) came by Monday morning and dropped off the best breakfast (McDonald's) for the little guys. Now that may have been helped by Lauren telling her that they were not getting breakfast because I was sick. I often starve my kids when I am not feeling well. Apparently I also employ child labor since Lauren told my mom that she and Aaron were doing the laundry by themselves. I love my children!

Needless to say, I have missed ALL of my sister's cool Blog stuff and I am not planning on catching up. Sorry, Sis.

Off to my nap.

1 comment:

Hellen said...

Welcome back the the land of the living. It just wasn't the same without you!! I hope you're well enough to come to scrapbook this week, a little bird just told me that the holiday drinks are back!!!
Hopefully everyone will be fit and well so that next week you can start your non working life.
I love you Ms Karen :)

Welcome back!
Hx