Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Birthday Milestone

Aaron had his 13th birthday on the 7th. Yes, I said 13th!! I now have an official teenage son. I am not sure that I am ready for it. It was different when Heather turned 13. She was living with her mom at the time. It didn't seem so hard then. With Aaron, it is hard!! He is about 6 inches taller with these HUGE feet! I think he will get to six feet easily.

We had family over on the day of his birthday and he had a lot of fun. He asked for an edible arrangement from my mom and ate it all in two days without much help. I expect a few complaints about stomach problems. He chose a Snickers cake and ice cream.

The next day, he had friends over for a day of games and food and food and food! There were 11 boys and one girl as well as Lauren and Alex in my house. We would have had more, but it was a last minute plan and we couldn't get a hold of some of his friends. He was sad that a couple of really good friends weren't there, but we told him that we could have something with those friends later in the week when it could be just the two of them. They had a pocket tanks tournament which Lauren played in. They ate a weird concoction that Clark made with spaghetti and chili. They had a water balloon fight and then they played Trivial Pursuit. Alex had fallen asleep for the water balloon fight, so we had a mini one after everyone had left for him. Aaron had one friend spend the night, which was a surprise since I thought we weren't having any. Aaron said he had a great time which was good because with Clark out of a job, money has been really tight. I was worried that we would not be able to do anything for his big day which would have made me very sad. The worst part is that Aaron would have understood.

Oh, well. He is a great kid!!

No comments: