Wednesday, July 9, 2008

New Job

Clark has been offered a job. We are happy about that part, but the rest of the story, to quote Paul Harvey, is very nervous making. It is for a company that has an office in Kuwait City, Kuwait. They have a military contract that means that Clark will have to take trips into Iraq to the bases there. He will be there for about nine weeks and then home for three weeks. It all depends on the rotations of the other employees or when his side trips are. We have never been apart for more than a week in the last 18 years. It will be quite an adjustment for all of us. We are going to wait to tell the little guys until the trip is only a week out. We are making arrangements now, though. Aaron is really being a bigger guy about this. We are going to do our best to not have him be "the man of the house". Clark and I have really talked about this. He has set up a support system of guys for Aaron if he needs to talk or hang out with the boys or whatever. We are really trying to be positive about this, but Clark does NOT want to go. However, as this is the only job offer he has to date, he is going to take it.

I have been praying about it and trying to get him to do the same. It is just hard for Clark to not be in control of everything at all times. He cannot just put this into God's hands and let it go. He wonders why I am not more upset and I have tried to explain it to him. I have to have faith that God is doing what is best for us and will always be there for us to rely on. I guess you could say that I am at peace with the idea and am moving forward to help my children adjust as well as they can. Please keep my family in your prayers as we go through this part of our lives.

There are so many other things that I can say about this, but I have a friend who can now read very well looking over my shoulder so I will have to finish this later.

No comments: