Thursday, November 29, 2007

Lauren and Elvis



Elvis was here before Lauren was born and we were worried how he would take it when we brought her home from the hospital. We should not have worried. The only problem he had was when she cried. He did not like it at all and would come look at me as if to say " Don't you hear her? Let's go see what is wrong." He would go into Aaron's and Lauren's rooms when I put them to bed and lay there with me while I told them a story or read to them or rocked them. I would put my feet on him while I rocked and rub his back or belly at the same time. Lauren would crawl over, on and under him and he would be rock steady. In the first picture, we had not explained to the children what might happen. In the second, she did know. Clark asked her if she could smile and she said only if she stood on her head, she was too sad. She spent the entire night holding his collar and walking around with it. She said she loved it when he would stick his head through the curtains to look out the window and when his collar jingled while he walked. She said the house was too quiet without him. I agree with all my heart.

No comments: