Monday, November 12, 2007

The Bad Mommy Book

I am sure that every one of you know about this book. It may be called something different in your house or it may not even have a name. It is the book that your name goes in when you send your child to school when they say they don't feel well. You say things like: "I'm sure you'll feel better when you there. Maybe you just need to get going. " Or other phrases like that. You send your child and hope you don't get the call. You know the one. The one that says that you need to come pick up your child because they are in the nurse's office. You also know that your child has told everyone "I told my mom that I didn't feel good this morning". Can you imagine the looks? I sent Alex to school after him telling me that his throat hurt. Yes, I got a call from the nurse and when we went to the doctor it was Strep throat. Well, today I sent Aaron to school after him telling me that he threw up. He has a play performance this evening and he is needed. If he stays home for throwing up, he can't go tonight. I am hoping that I don't get the call.

Oh, well. It won't be the first time.

2 comments:

Neebie said...

Bad, bad you. Don't worry M was ill today and she has bronchitis and a blister on her ear drum. He gave her medication and if it does not get better he said it may be a case of pneumonia!!!!

Hellen said...

It's hard to know when to fuss and when not to isn't it! I've become much better at that since Emily became ill but I still make regular mistakes. If we didn't we wouldn't be human. As Mom's we carry so much guilt but the bottom line is that we do our best with what we have and I think you're pretty awesome :)