Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

I think that I have officially gone over the edge. I was up at 2:30am, yes, AM. My sister-in-law spent the night and we were out the door to Kohl's by 3:15. We were standing in line by 3:30 to waiting for the store to open. After fighting thru Kohl's, we headed to Target for the doors to open at 5am, or so we thought. While in line, we found out that Target did not open until 6am and it was Wal-Mart that was starting at 5 am. My sister-in-law was slightly freaked, so I waited at Target while she headed over to Wal-Mart for what she wanted there. Just as I was handing the cashier my check to pay, the power went out and the system went down!! The million other people in line all gasped. I have actually never heard that happen, just read about it. It was kind of cool. I had to wait an additional 10 minutes for the computers to come back up and the cashier had to re ring my purchases. By 8 am, I was ready to go back to bed, but NOOOO. I came home to three kids who were just getting up. My wonderful mother came over at 6:30 to watch them after my husband went to work. Isn't she great!?!

There were people in line that had this incredible plan that included switching off in line while the other went to another store. There were some really good deals out there, but I was only looking for toys. I finished off four of the 8 children in the family and half of two others. It was actually fun in a twisted sort of way.

Every year I say that I am not going to do this, but there I went.

I am so getting a nap!!

No comments: