Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurray!

Well, I have not been on in a while and I have a lot to tell you.

1. I am now employed. No, it is not a huge deal, but it is some money coming in. I work at the kids' school in the lunchroom as a monitor. What that means is a lot of opening packets, getting napkins, answering questions, and saying things like, " I am so sad that the red light is on. Now you have to be silent." They are winning, but I am fighting back!! I am currently by myself, but I am told that there will be another monitor soon. Teachers and staff are trying to be in there to help, but they have real jobs as well. The school has scheduled the older kids first and the kindergartners at the end when they are fresh and I am not! They are so cute, though. So many of them have been taught to clear their place when they are done and in the cafeteria, they have to wait until they are dismissed. It is hard to get across with everything else they have to remember. I have a few guys in every grade whose seats seem to be electrified since they cannot stay in them for longer than two seconds. We are working on that as well. I am thinking that Velcro is not an option.

2. Alex is trying really hard to have good days at school. We are trying to divide up his days and work on half at a time. At PE this week, he was having such a hard time being still and listening, that Coach had him exercise while the others were playing a game. I had to laugh!! We are doing pretty good with me working, he doesn't seem to mind it when I come by and give him a kiss.

3. Lauren seem to be testing her teacher this week, and me as well. I have found that it works better if someone else works with her in the cafeteria. She seems to respond better. I still go up and give her a kiss. Today, though I got a "MOM, this is embarrassing". Oh well!

4. Heather has decided to drop a class and go full-time at one of her jobs. Yes, we have talked with her. But you know how much smarter you are at 19. She is looking, again, into moving out and being on her own. Working full-time will help a lot, but we have tried to caution her about saving up first. But you know!

5. Aaron has been invited to join the National Junior Honor Society. We are very impressed. He had hit his mid 9 weeks slump. His grades have slipped a little and now he has to work hard to get them back up again. He seems to love the last minute thing. Track is going well, but it is the off season, so they are not doing much.

6. We have all (except for Lauren and Heather) had a bout with staph. It is a mild strain that is going around Aaron's middle school. What fun! We have all had medicine as well as an ointment that goes in your nose. Even Heather.

That seems to be all so far. Thanks for your patience. I'll try to keep up better!!!

No comments: