Tuesday, January 8, 2008

January Birthdays

January 6th was mine and my mom's birthday. That's right, the same day. My husband took the two of us to the Melting Pot for dinner. I must tell you that it was great. The food was fantastic and there was a ton of i. Now, the price was high, but for a one time night out, it worked. The pictures from Christmas were part of my present as well. It was great. It would have been nice if Clark had helped the kids do something for me for my birthday, like a card of something, but I will talk to Aaron about it for next year. Lauren and I made a cake for Grandma with rainbow sprinkles and candles. We had a good time and the boys enjoyed licking the beaters.

Sunday, we went to Grandma's to celebrate. Heather was able to show up after work. We promptly had the fight about who got to sit next to Heather. She is such a rock star for the cousins. Clark had to go home early because work called. He was busy until around 9:30. I hope he finds another job for his sake. I know he is only putting up with all the crap because of the family. Please pray for him.

It is now Tuesday and we are VERY slowly getting back into a routine for school. Alex is not having any of it. He is upset all the way until he actually gets into his classroom when he sees his friends and all is okay. Lauren is really into school. She is officially in the Gifted and Talented program which is fantastic! And I am trying to keep up the resolutions about my house. I am caught up on laundry, well as much as possible with six people in one house. I always have at least one load going. I have even replaced all the sheets. Go, me!!

We are trying to plan Alex's party. It is coming up at the end of the month. I think it will be a pirate party. He seems to be still into them. Clark's 40th is on the 22nd. I think we will just go out to eat with his friends. I am going to call several places to see if they can give me any kind of break for a large party.

Right after that, Lauren will have her party. I am shooting for Fairies. The boys can be sparrow men. I'll let you know more later.

No comments: