Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring, how I miss you!

So Saturday was the first day of Spring. Here in Texas, of course, that means snow! Yes, I said it...snow!

Wet, rainy, cold snow...at night so no one can play in it, snow. I love spring break!

I really do love Spring here in Texas. It will last about a month and a half before vanishing into HEAT. What that means for me is allergies....a whole season's worth crammed into that one and a half month period. If I could just view spring thru a bubble, I would really love it so much more. Right now, I am a cold medicine commercial...sniffly, stuffy, congested with a killer headache.

Did I mention that there are two extra 14 year old boys in my house?

We have recently gone to a voucher system for electronics here at our house. During Spring Break, each child had three hours of "vouchers" in 30 minute increments. This included Wii, PS2, DS, computer, etc. They have to turn in the vouchers before they started playing and when the vouchers were gone, electronic games ended.

Of course, there are opportunities to earn time back on a two for one scale. For every one hour they worked, they could earn a 30 minute voucher. So far, we have had no takers...hmm...
Also, vouchers could be taken away for poor choices. Hitting your siblings, rudeness, disrespect, and so forth.

Having said all that, today I am feeling really yucky, so today is a "voucher free" day. There are chances to earn other "voucher free" days as well.

It seems to be working so far. There are so many other things to do in this house that do not include electronics. We have board games, LEGOs by the thousands, playsets, action figures and books, to say the least.

I am not sure what will happen when we reduce the time to one and a half hours during the week when will school starts. I'll let you know.

No comments: