Sunday, March 28, 2010

I love my son



You know I do...but he makes me afraid, very afraid. Not in an "I am afraid OF him" way, but in an "I am afraid FOR him" way.

Last Friday was opening day for the local sports association. Clark was basically in charge of everything and did a fantastic job, if I do say so. One of the things he organized was a skydiver to land on the field with a flag and the opening baseball. Cool, huh! It was pretty windy in our area that day and the poor guy missed the field and made the parking lot. He came down with the flag flowing behind him and different colored smoke which more than made up for it.

There were bounce houses, a parade of the teams, sno-cones, hot dogs, a playground, music and lots of other kids. My guys had a fabulous time and came home very late and way stinky. The first thing Alex said when I asked if he had fun was about the skydiver. It was so cool and neat and, and, and....... He is so going to do that! Of course, I said, Heck, NO!!

Clark, came to me the next day and said that Alex had said that he so wanted to jump out of the airplane but Mom said no, but he was going to do it anyway.

It is very comforting to know that my children listen to me....but then blow me off!

I have always said that Alex will be either a test pilot, stunt double or an astronaut, just something dangerous...

Pray for me..

No comments: