Saturday, March 6, 2010

Lonely,oh so lonely!

I know my blog is lonely without me. It is hanging out just waiting for me to type something on it. Well...

When I was growing up, we had a piano in the house. It was my mother's from when she was young. She tried to teach us several times, but it never seemed to take. Its not that she was a bad teacher, because she wasn't. Its not that we didn't have any musical sense, because we did. For some reason we just weren't interested. Until she sat down to play herself, that is. Then we were all over it...wanting to play, have her teach us, or whatever.

My computer is MY piano. Every time I sit down to look at emails, check out the blogs I'm reading or, heaven forbid, actually type something, here come the kids. The only reason that I am sitting here now is that I have banished them to Lauren's room to play with her new Wii. This should be good for about ten minutes...we'll see.

Let's see how much we can get in....

The house is up for sale and we have had a lot of traffic, but no buyers. It seems that a leak in your roof is not a top selling point, go figure! But having all this traffic, does make it easy to keep the house clean..HA! I have become the toy nazi! It did not seem like the kids wanted to bring out as many LEGOS and stuff until we started showing the house. Oh, well, say a prayer...

Heather has been around a few times to see us and she looks VERY tired. We are a little worried. I hope she is taking care of herself.

Aaron has been started at first base on the high school team. YEAH!!! He has gotten permission form his school to take college algebra over the summer. Why, you ask? He wants to take pre-cal in high school and does not want to double up on maths during the year. That would mean that he would have to give up baseball and/or cross country. He is doing well in all his classes...straight "A"s We are very proud!

Lauren is doing well in her school. She is top of her class and is getting ready for the TAKS test coming up in April. Translation..bored!

Alex is doing well himself. His teacher is on maternity leave after having six pound twins! We could not have been luckier with the long term substitute we got. She just loves him and he says he has a nice voice. He just went on a water safety field trip to the Natatorium last week. Need I remind you that this is my daredevil son? I was very afraid of what might happen. I could just see the call.... Ma'am? I thought you said that your son could not swim. He was doing great until he jumped off of the high dive.... sigh. The night before as we were packing up his towels and change of clothes, he asked me.." Will I be dealing with professionals?" My husband had his back to us and I saw his shoulders shaking as he held in the laughter. I explained that he would be and he seemed fine with that. The next day he came in with all kinds of stories about his day. Did you know that if you do a cannonball, water goes up your nose? But he was fine. Next he wants to work on holding his breath for 30 minutes on the bottom of the pool... We'll see how that works for him.

Clark has had several promising interviews but nothing solid yet. we are hoping that things improve quickly..we are still waiting for the recession to end here at this house.

I am still working at the school and doing girl scouts. I have been taking a religion class that is really interesting. But I am feeling like a hermit. I spoke with a dear friend the other day and she had asked my if everything was okay since I have not been around as much lately. I explained that I was feeling rather insular. I am not sure if that is the right word but it does fit!

Wow, I have been on for a while! This must be a record! But now the kids have told me that they have had no lunch and the dryer has stopped, so I am off and running again!

No comments: