Thursday, August 14, 2008

Aaron

In going through all those papers that pile up from three children going to school, I have found several "keepers". Yes, I keep everything that my children do throughout the school year much to the chagrin of my husband who happens to be a "look at it and throw it away" kind of guy. I do eventually go through all of it to pick out samples to help me remember how much they change. Usually it is artwork or stories or crafts or anything that has their hand prints or pictures. This past year with all three in school, I have gotten rid of so much that all I have left is only about 6 inches high. In fairness, this includes Aaron's poetry folder, Lauren's art folder and various kindergarten projects by Alex, so it is not "just" paper. While going through things I came across these examples of Aaron's writing. I will type it exactly like he wrote it.

What Makes Me Special
I am helpful.
I wonder about what will happen tomorrow.
I hear everything around me.
I see my friends and family.
I want to make good grades.
I am happy.
I pretend that I'm an astronaut.
I feel other's pain.
I listen to my friends.
I worry about my health.
I cry when I hear something sad.
I am thankful.
I understand how some people may feel.
I am respectful.
I dream about becoming a chef.
I try to do my best.
I hope that I will suceed.
I am who I am.
Mountains
Mountains
Majestic, tall
towering, unchanging, enticing
asking to be climbed
Himalayas
Forests
A forest is vast,
always filled with animals
the trees dance at night.
Black
Black is the darkest nights that hold all our fears.
Black is the sadness we feel when there is a mournful death.
Black is the emptyness inside my heart when someone I know has passed away.
Whats inside of Me
Inside of me is a raging river fighting to do what is right.
Inside of me is a lost pet, sad and alone not knowing where to turn.
Inside of me is a leaning oak tree with no reason to be excited.
Inside of me is a dark empty place where no happiness can go.
Inside of me is a falling bridge without the will to stand.
Inside of me is a fearfull mouse scared to speak his mind.
I know these are not poet laureate quality, but for a 13 year old, I think these are amazing!
He impresses me more and more every day!!

No comments: