Sunday, August 15, 2010

Camping, or Mom's weekend alone!

Clark and a friend took our guys and several of their friends camping this past weekend. They packed too much stuff and then left about a third at home! They left about 3pm on Friday and came back on Sunday around 1pm. They all had a great time and they all made it back with all their body parts, a little crispy, but in one piece.

Now.....I missed them, I really did! But, I gotta tell you, the break was amazing! Not that I did anything special, but, WOW! I was able to catch up on the laundry AND the dishes, sweep the floors, organize Lauren's school stuff, and clean my kitchen. All while listening to what I wanted on the radio, watching what I wanted on TV and reading a few book all the way through! I went to a movie on Friday night with one of my friends and another movie Saturday with another friend. I did not have to get up and go to the bathroom once! It has been so long since I have seen a "grown-up" movie, one that wasn't animated or made by Pixar or Disney. I almost wasn't sure what to do. I saw Eat, Pray, Love and Salt. Have I mentioned that I have very different friends? Looking at the titles of the movies, it kind of sounds like I have a food fixation...hmmmm.

I was so excited when the kids got home and couldn't wait to hear all about their trip. But, by the time they came in, got undressed and I got them unpacked, they were watching "Up". I did find out tidbits here and there. I heard about the skunk, Alex floating out into the middle of the lake (almost), Alex almost getting hit by the truck, Lauren and Alex having to have separate sides of the lake and the underwear they found. How it was a million degrees at night and how they DID use sunscreen. It just must have washed off. Good thing they packed so much food, because they caught NOTHING to eat while they were there. They also managed to get the pancakes they had pre-made wet, so they were all very big meat eaters. Meat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Erica had made a brisket for them to bring for the first night,which was a good thing because they forgot the camp stove. Luckily both men have cooked on a fire before. And if all else had failed, there was a bait shop on the property that would have saved them. What a great and memorable way to start the new school year. I am very glad that Clark spends this kind of time with my guys cause camping is NOT for me. Been there, done that, would like to move on to something else!

Next time, I get to pick what we do and I am going for the HOTEL! Now that's MY kind of camping!

No comments: