Friday, September 4, 2009

Fish

Well, it has happened! Aaron became a Freshman
and became goofy. Here is his student ID he had made at Fish Camp. He has since had another one made that is MUCH better, but I could not resist posting this one. He has
become very silly and such a goober that he is now acting like Alex. I guess they start their maturity over every time they start a new decade. The two of them go running through the house and making noises and Clark and I just look at each other and say "huh?" As a parent, you just hope he is acting normal at school and saves the weirdness for home but something tells me that is not how this works.
As far as school goes, he is in baseball in the morning, goes to class and is off at 2:30. He then goes back for cross country at 3:45. I have been forced to do my favorite past time(laundry) more than ever just to keep up with his clothes. Heaven knows you cannot keep them around until the next day! He now changes more times than Lauren in a single day. He has gotten several compliments from the cross country coach and is actually enjoying it! He did not make the fall baseball team, but the coaches are working with the guys so they can try out for the spring team. He has a nice imprint of the stitching of the ball on his knee to show for it! Thank goodness baseball is a non-contact sport. (HA!)
As far as actual academics, he is taking pre-engineering, pre-AP geography, pre-AP geometry, pre-AP biology, Spanish, and English. He seems to be doing well. He has homework every night but since his classes are staggered, he is not overwhelmed....yet. He is also in a local rec baseball league that Clark coaches. It seems like a lot, but he seems to handling it well.
He has also begun the teenage multiple personality fun. Last night he was very silly and tonight he is MEGA touchy. AH, hormones! My Mom was saying that this would get me experience for when Lauren and Alex reach teenage years, but I think that each of them will have their own individual fun with me. I am just glad Aaron is not a twin!! (Leslie) I am never really sure who will walk through my door on a given day: the silly freshman or the hormonal teenager. Pray for me!

No comments: