Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

My husband rocks in so many ways.
This is what my family gave me for Mother's Day. These are the shoes from each of my children. Clark spray painted them and put their names by each one and mounted them on a plaque to put on the wall. I almost cried! I really think that it wasn't that long ago that they were this small. They are, in order, from left to right....Aaron, Lauren, Alex.
My morning really started at 5ish when Lauren woke me up with.."I think I'm going to throw up!" We spent some time on the potty and then I set up the "sick couch" for her. She never did throw up but she did not improve. As a matter of fact, she got worse. Her head began to hurt and then her body. All along she had been complaining of her throat hurting. By about 5 pm she was running a fever. So we went to the doctor today and, yes Virginia, we have strep....again. She is sleeping now and has been all afternoon. I need to give her the antibiotic, but I do not want to wake her up. She will be out until Wednesday and we had to get a note from the doctor saying what she had so she can get back into school. Let's pray nobody else gets it.

No comments: