Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Thank You, Lord for my problems

While surfing the net the last several days, I have been very affected by what I have seen. The news out of China has been bleak and while I sit here trying to get organized for all that we have going on, I have to thank God that I have these issues. I could be sitting on a broken ground waiting to see if my only child will be found dead or alive and if alive, maimed for life. Instead of griping about how hectic I am with ball practice, shopping, carpool, etc, I could be frantically digging at a pile of debris that used to be a school, tired of waiting for rescue workers that can't get to me to help find my child. I could be afraid to go into my home because of the aftershocks even though there is no shelter outside. I could be preparing for a burial, or several. While I complain about my children and how frustrated they can make me, I have to thank God for being able to be frustrated and offer my prayers for those parents whose children have died or children whose parents have died. Please take a moment to think of others around the world and remember how similar we are instead of how different. Let's focus on how we can help and not how we are better than "they" are.

Thank You, Lord for all my problems and help me to see what a blessing they are instead.

1 comment:

Humphrey Hot Spot said...

AMEN - SOME ONE ALWAYS HAS IT BETTER-IT KIND OF SMACKS YOU IN THE HEAD AND SCREAMS GET OVER IT