Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Bad Parent Book

Every parent has faced this at least once during their children's lives. You know, the times when you have to tell them no or make them do something they don't want to do....like homework, baths, eating all their dinner, come in from the freezing weather, stay out of the mud...that sort of thing. Apparently, it is Clark's turn today. Alex is working on some sight words for school. He REALLY does not want to. When Clark told him that he had to, Alex pitched a huge fit and ran into his room yelling " You are a hateful parent. Find another kid!" Right now he is sitting in his desk with his arms crossed and the grumpiest look on his face. See the picture above. We tried to explain to him that he could have been done by now. Clark was told to go to Canada, I'm not sure why Alex picked Canada. Am I a bad parent if I had to hide my laughter? I really feel for him. He had a hard couple of weeks. The week of Thanksgiving we heard that my Grandfather had passed away. We spent last week in St. Louis at the viewing and the funeral. Alex did NOT have a good week at all. He even missed out on making gingerbread houses with his class. This week is great at school and hard at home. Right now, he is asleep, under his bed, grumpy and sad. I think I will leave him there with his pillow and blanket. I guess that DOES make me a bad parent. GREAT, back to the beginning!

1 comment:

Mom said...

CANADA? WOW, POOR CLARK!